1-4 Urban Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire. The Kings Palace was opened in August 1912 and was built for and operated by Sutton & Kirkby Picture Palaces Ltd. It was designed by architect L. Dodsley. By 1916 it was operated by the Midland Cinema Syndicate. In 1919 architect S. Parsons was employed to design a balcony which had five rows of seats, and the seating capacity was increased to 500.
It was equipped with a Picturetone sound system in 1930. By 1947 it was operated by the S. Graham Circuit of Nottingham. CinemaScope was installed in 1955.
The Kings Palace was closed on 15th July 1961 with Marilyn Monroe in “Let’s Make Love”. It was converted into a bingo club, which operated until 1965 when the business was transferred to the Essoldo (former Regent Cinema). The Kings Palace was then converted into a garage known as Alwrights Autos which operated into the early 1990’s. The building was last used by Synshield Fabrications, who manufactures doors and double glazed windows, and they had moved out by 2009, when the building was unused and boarded up.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater