No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Darwen, Lancashire. The Public Hall has two levels with the ground floor containing a concert room and bar, and the first floor currently in use as a bingo club. It was presenting films as early as 4th December 1908, presumably in the concert room.
By 1915 it was known as the Public Hall & Palace of Varieties, presenting variety shows with some film use. By 1918 it had been re-named Premier Palace de Luxe.
Reverting back to the Public Hall name in 1924, it was equipped with a ‘talkie’ system (make unknown) in 1931. In 1938 it was equipped with a British Talking Pictures(BTP) sound system. It was closed by September 1939
Taken over by Gordon Theatres of Blackpool in 1944/1945, it was re-opened as the Ritz Cinema, and it closed in 1962. As mentioned above, it operated as a joint bingo club and bar named Franky’s Club. The building was badly damaged by a fire in the early morning hours of 21st November 2012.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater