6 Prescot Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the corner of Prescot Road and Beech Street in the inner Liverpool district of Kensington. The Casino Cinema was opened on 4th August 1923 with “Lights of New York”. Seating was provided in stalls and circle levels. It was built for and operated by independent operators.
In March 1928 it was taken over by the General Theatres Corporation, which was part of the Gaumont British Theatres chain. Alterations were carried out which included widening the proscenium to 60 feet and adding a new 20 feet deep stage and dressing rooms to cater for cine-variety programmes. In September 1929 it was equipped with a Western Electric(WE) sound system.
The Casino Cinema was closed by the Rank Organisation on 30th December 1961 with Raymond Massey in “The Queen’s Guard” and “The Judas Goat”. It was converted into a Top Rank Bingo Club in early-1962, and operated as a bingo club until closure in 1997.
The building was unused until it was demolished in 2001, and retail units with flats above has been built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater