5436 Harford Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Arcade Theatre opened May 18, 1928. It was equipped with a Kilgen organ. It was remodeled in 1949 to the plans of architect John F. Eyring. It was a really cool theatre but somewhat plain. The theatre section is actually in the back of the structure and the main entrance is actually reached by walking down a long, indoor arcade of shops. It was closed in mid-1983.
In 2002 the beautiful marquee with all its lights and neon of the Arcade Theatre came down, due to safety reasons. The supports of the marquee had gotten weak, and the price to repair the heavy marquee was just too much, so it was taken down. Sadly, nothing of the marquee was saved.
The building is currently being used as a church after being used for years as a warehouse of sorts. The Arcade Theatre is in a great neighborhood, there’s no reason it couldn’t be reopened tomorrow as a theatre, but it was standing shuttered and unused for ages.
Now in use as an outreach center.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater