1563 N. Fulton Avenue,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened October 30, 1915 as the Gertrude McCoy Theatre, named after the silent film actress. Apparently she had fallen out of fashion by 1927 as the name was changed to the Fulton Theatre that year.
The Fulton Theatre closed on March 2, 1952 and was standing for many years and was in great shape. The Fulton Theatre was a great example of early movie house design, with the front facade as a giant arch flanked on each side by Ionic pillars.
The old Fulton Theatre still has the supports for the vertical marquee. The theatre was converted into a food market, but like as many other Baltimore theatres, since 1973 it was beeing used as a church.
Above the old marquee and along the top of the theatre the heads of the lions and gothic figures still remained intact. Following a fire in 2007, the roof collapsed and the building became a derelict wreck. It was demolished in February 2017.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater