2 people favorited this theater
The Waverley Drive-In opened May 15, 1953, screening the 1952 adventure “Aladdin and His Lamp” with Patricia Medina, John Sands and Richard Erdman. The second feature was the 1951 western “The Long Horn” with Wild Bill Elliott and Myron Healey. The new airer was opened by Lee J. Hofheimer and Albert L. Sugarman (dba H&S Theatres from Columbus, OH). In 1954, Hofheimer & Sugarman would dissolve their partnership in owning and operating theatres. H & S Theatres were operating the Waveley Drive-In and the North-Hi Drive-In, in Columbis, OH, along with various indoor theatres in the Columbus area. After the break up, the North-Hi Drive-In was sold to Ethel Miles (dba Miles Theatres). The Waverley Drive-In was sold to Al Boudouris (dba Theatre Operating Co.) from Toledo, OH. Fred Sigler was his business partner in the drive-in. Boudouris was also operating the Scioto Breeze Auto Theatre in Lucasville, OH. Apparently Boudouris could not make a go of the Waverley Drive-In and the Scioto Breeze Auto Theatre. C.E. Trimble took over the leases from both of the drive-ins in May of 1958. The Waverley Drive-In was closed for good at the end of season in September 1959, and the property was sold.
The drive-in was demolished and the property was returned into being a farming field. In 1998, a new Adena Health Center was built on the north end of the property.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater