7 Boulevard Poissonnire,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Gaumont Theatre was the first movie theatre opened by Leon Gaumont in 1906, in a former store on the ground floor of an industrial building.
A narrow auditorium with a balcony at the first floor had a Classic design and was renovated in the 1930’s.
Around the 1960’s, it was a first run theatre next door to the Grand Rex.
After 1970 the policy was Western movies and during the period of the “spaghetti western”, the movie “Le Bon la Brue et le Truand” ran for more than a year.
But the Gaumont France chain decided to multiplex the Richelieu close to the Gaumont and as a single screen cinema, it closed in 1977 and was converted to a fast food restaurant. In 2004 it is a shoe store. By 2018 it is a Marks & Spencer food store. The “G” from the Gaumont remains on the facade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater