14 Rue de la Ville Neuve,
1 person favorited this theater
Styles: Streamline Moderne
Previous Names: Bikini
Opening in 1952 on a narrow side street, two streets away from the Grand Rex, the Bikini was a small 194-seat cinema running Westerns and B movies. A neon sign at the corner of the street and the Grand Boulevard points to the small entrance of the theatre which was a former restaurant.
In 1970 after a refurbishing the Bikini with a new sign and a brighter advertisement at the corner of the street became a first run theatre. The auditorium had tiled walls, a new projection booth and a new name, the Beverley.
But around 1972 the location on a quiet street became an opportunity to convert it to adult movies as did a lot of movie theatres in the neighbourhood.
After a refurbishing in 2003, the Beverley was surviving as one of the last adult movie theatres of Paris until it closed on 19th February 2019.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.