122 W. Main Street,
1 person favorited this theater
The 500-seat Fain Theatre was originally built in 1932 as the B-movie house in Leesurg. In 1960 it went through in extensive renovation to the plans of Rufus E. Bland, and was renamed the Tropic Theatre. In 1979 it was added onto and became the Tropic Twin Theatre. It continued to show first run movies until the mid-1980’s. It then changed hands several times and was finally closed in June 2004.
Garner/Rojas Properties has now purchased it and restoration and renovations have started. The original side will be restored to the 1936-era while the other side will be renovated to a state of the art movie and performing arts theatre.
Terry Hicks bought the theatre in 2006 and renovated it. The redone auditorium will house the new Leesburg’s childrens theatre, ‘Tropic Troup’. The auditorium was stripped back to its brick walls. The floors were discovered to be red oak. There are also two dance studios.
The Tropic Theatre reopened as a 238-seat movie theatre at a special midnight screening of “Twilight Saga:Breaking Dawn” on November 10, 2011.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater