Hippodrome Renovation Photos

posted by Patrick Crowley on March 2, 2004 at 3:43 pm

BALTIMORE, MD — Ed Dobbins sent in some great shots of the recently reopened Hippodrome Theatre, along with this note:

“I went to a public open house at the Hippodrome last Saturday morning. I got some really nice pictures you can have. You can see in the daylight picture that the new complex takes up the whole block, this place is fantastic! Finally something got done right. Also from what I hear the Town Theater around the corner on Fayette street is being renovated, not sure for what purpose, movies/plays or both. I’ll have to check it out soon.”

Theaters in this post

Comments (27)

sdoerr
sdoerr on March 2, 2004 at 4:35 pm

Wow Ed the place looks great. thanks for the photographs, it looks great inside there!

RobertR
RobertR on March 2, 2004 at 8:32 pm

YOUR NOT KIDDING THIS IS DOING IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyT
AndyT on March 3, 2004 at 1:05 pm

Welcome back Hippodrome!!! Great photos! Although I wasn’t fortunate enough to spend any time in Baltimore during the movie palace glory days, it was as if these photos brough back memories. It’s a great example of what can happen. Don’t forget, we have to keep these issues in front of political and community leaders. Saving these treasures will never happen in a vacuum.

AndyT
AndyT on March 3, 2004 at 1:06 pm

I missed the “t” on brought. Here it is: t

JeanVanMeter
JeanVanMeter on March 4, 2004 at 7:30 pm

Hayles & Howe, Inc. Ornamental Plasterers did all the plasterwork restoration in the Hippodrome. Conrad Schmitt Studios did the decorative painting.

Jean Van Meter

paulaclark
paulaclark on May 12, 2004 at 1:41 pm

WONDERFUL! Looks spectacular! Looks like a job well done!

annabelltoo
annabelltoo on August 30, 2004 at 10:39 pm

I was honored to have a “hard hat” tour of the theater during its renovation 2 years ago. I used to work for the Waco Hippodrome Theater. Most Wacoans know it as the old Waco Theater. While our theater is not a Thomas Lamb theater, if you peruse our website, you’ll see that two of our architects must have studied under Mr. Lamb because the building front is similar.

Could you put me in contact with the engineer who assisted you in your renovation because our theater is due for a second renovation of its storefront. Any suggestions, comments or ideals for fundraising would be welcome.

And I agree with one of the previous comments: Bravo Maryland! This is beautiful and a unique piece of history restored! Bravo I say!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Warren
Hippodrome Historian

Twistr54
Twistr54 on October 1, 2006 at 4:00 am

Beautiful job!, very awesome theatre, I am jealous that it is not in my city.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on July 18, 2010 at 3:03 am

Beautiful Pictures,some of the best I have ever seen on CT.

angelinaa1
angelinaa1 on August 16, 2018 at 9:54 am

I discovered this is an instructive and fascinating post so i suspect as much it is extremely valuable and proficient. I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this article. instagram seguidores

angelinaa1
angelinaa1 on September 4, 2018 at 2:30 pm

I discovered this is an instructive and intriguing post so i suspect as much it is extremely valuable and educated. I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this article. antique gallery

angelinaa1
angelinaa1 on October 6, 2018 at 11:12 am

A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this data. I truly like your blog entry all that much. You have truly shared a useful and intriguing blog entry with individuals.. Joom Group

angelinaa1
angelinaa1 on October 12, 2018 at 1:10 pm

Sophisticated marketers are experimenting with many different types of mailings to stand out from a regular sized and traditional letter and envelope, which encourages people to look at the piece. get luxury EDDM® box

dastanee
dastanee on November 20, 2018 at 11:15 am

The information provided in your website is very beautifully designed and the details given is truly outstanding with best possible efforts from your team. Watch Dastan-E-Mohabbat and Bigg Boss 12 Latest Episode Online Free

alexs12345
alexs12345 on January 26, 2019 at 11:43 am

Hiya, I am really glad I have found this information. Today bloggers publish only about gossips and web and this is actually irritating. A good web site with interesting content, that’s what I need. Thank you for keeping this web site, I will be visiting it. Do you do newsletters? Can’t find it. https://freeseosolutions.com

alexs12345
alexs12345 on February 9, 2019 at 1:04 pm

Some truly interesting points you have written. Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for : D. voyance gratuite par telephone numero non surtaxe sans cb

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 12:40 pm

You can buy the best clear balloons in here in the US on best rates we got all types of balloons for all of your occasions like balloon bouquets

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Clipotech is a leading learning platform that helps to learn business, software, technology, & creative skills to achieve personal & professional goals. https://clipotech.com

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 1:12 pm

Get instant rates & Tracking, compare carrier & service, like DHL Express, FedEx Ground, Overnight, Expedited Parcel, US Postal Flate rates, faster or normal time for Low Shipping Rates at DHL FedEx Mail Ship N Box Mail Ship n Box

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 2:23 pm

Download Apk for Android with ApkBlogger | Apk downloader | Faster Apk Downloads and Apk files update. Best of all Apk here, it’s free. https://apkblogger.com

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 2:28 pm

Mobdro Apk Download Free here; that is an amazing App to stream TV shows, documentaries, sports, movies and other connections on your any android device. https://downloadfreemobdroapk.com

creativezone1
creativezone1 on March 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm

Segway MiniPro Review – Embrace the hoverboard revolution, powered by Ninebot. Cutting Edge Technology. Learn more about Hoverboard for Sale. https://www.miniproreviews.com/

alexs12345
alexs12345 on March 7, 2019 at 10:29 pm

Thanks for every other wonderful article. Where else may anybody get that kind of information in such a perfect method of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I’m at the look for such info. Custom Kitchens Vancouver

sarah_taylor
sarah_taylor on August 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm

sarah_taylor
sarah_taylor on August 3, 2019 at 2:49 pm

[https://sweetzzzmattress.com/bamboo-sheets/] Rayon from bamboo is the ideal sheeting material. Our sheets perfectly complement any bedroom. Made from 100% rayon from bamboo, these sheets will improve the performance of any mattress with a soft silky touch, added breathability and temperature regulation. We are so confident in our sheets that we guarantee their quality for a lifetime!

sarah_taylor
sarah_taylor on August 5, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Yellow pine is one of the strongest woods used today. It is so durable that wooden roller coasters are made from it. Yellow pine grows to maturity in only 17 years and so it can be found in abundance in America, making it a very renewable resource.

mattress foundation

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment