Hippodrome Renovation Photos

posted by Patrick Crowley on March 2, 2004 at 7:43 am

BALTIMORE, MD — Ed Dobbins sent in some great shots of the recently reopened Hippodrome Theatre, along with this note:

“I went to a public open house at the Hippodrome last Saturday morning. I got some really nice pictures you can have. You can see in the daylight picture that the new complex takes up the whole block, this place is fantastic! Finally something got done right. Also from what I hear the Town Theater around the corner on Fayette street is being renovated, not sure for what purpose, movies/plays or both. I’ll have to check it out soon.”

Theaters in this post

Comments (18)

sdoerr
sdoerr on March 2, 2004 at 8:35 am

Wow Ed the place looks great. thanks for the photographs, it looks great inside there!

RobertR
RobertR on March 2, 2004 at 12:32 pm

YOUR NOT KIDDING THIS IS DOING IT RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyT
AndyT on March 3, 2004 at 5:05 am

Welcome back Hippodrome!!! Great photos! Although I wasn’t fortunate enough to spend any time in Baltimore during the movie palace glory days, it was as if these photos brough back memories. It’s a great example of what can happen. Don’t forget, we have to keep these issues in front of political and community leaders. Saving these treasures will never happen in a vacuum.

AndyT
AndyT on March 3, 2004 at 5:06 am

I missed the “t” on brought. Here it is: t

JeanVanMeter
JeanVanMeter on March 4, 2004 at 11:30 am

Hayles & Howe, Inc. Ornamental Plasterers did all the plasterwork restoration in the Hippodrome. Conrad Schmitt Studios did the decorative painting.

Jean Van Meter

paulaclark
paulaclark on May 12, 2004 at 5:41 am

WONDERFUL! Looks spectacular! Looks like a job well done!

annabelltoo
annabelltoo on August 30, 2004 at 2:39 pm

I was honored to have a “hard hat” tour of the theater during its renovation 2 years ago. I used to work for the Waco Hippodrome Theater. Most Wacoans know it as the old Waco Theater. While our theater is not a Thomas Lamb theater, if you peruse our website, you’ll see that two of our architects must have studied under Mr. Lamb because the building front is similar.

Could you put me in contact with the engineer who assisted you in your renovation because our theater is due for a second renovation of its storefront. Any suggestions, comments or ideals for fundraising would be welcome.

And I agree with one of the previous comments: Bravo Maryland! This is beautiful and a unique piece of history restored! Bravo I say!

Sincerely,
Jennifer Warren
Hippodrome Historian

Twistr54
Twistr54 on September 30, 2006 at 8:00 pm

Beautiful job!, very awesome theatre, I am jealous that it is not in my city.

Mike Rogers
Mike Rogers on July 17, 2010 at 7:03 pm

Beautiful Pictures,some of the best I have ever seen on CT.

ZaneKneeshaw
ZaneKneeshaw on June 1, 2017 at 8:12 pm

We can get information about hippodrome theatre which is beautifully constructed. We can find amazing pictures of this theatre. According to http://www.topqualitysessays.org/bestessays-com-review/ many people like this theatre and they can get entertainment in this theatre and can spend pleasant time there.

japancomp234
japancomp234 on August 21, 2017 at 7:53 am

It is an incredible site.. The Design looks great.. Continue working like that!. clash of clan hackboom beach mod

japancomp234
japancomp234 on August 27, 2017 at 6:53 am

Decent information picking up article. This post is truly the best on this significant theme. volunteer peru

sirking79
sirking79 on September 1, 2017 at 7:14 am

Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. 100 questions

sheeraz
sheeraz on October 17, 2017 at 11:07 am

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information…21 Questions

sheeraz
sheeraz on October 21, 2017 at 3:01 am

I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such informationZodiac Signs

sheeraz
sheeraz on October 22, 2017 at 4:33 am

You completed certain reliable points there. I did a search on the subject and found nearly all persons will agree with your blog.Foods that causes Inflammation

sheeraz
sheeraz on October 23, 2017 at 5:11 am

If you are being attentive to learn several strategies then you ought to browse this article, I am certain you’ll get much additional from this article.Lemongrass Essential Oil

sheeraz
sheeraz on October 24, 2017 at 2:04 am

I think about it is most required for making more on this get engagedCougar

You must login before making a comment.

New Comment