“New sign crowns Cameo Theater Building in Mills 50” From Orlando, FL.
As part of the Cameo Theater Building restoration a new sign has been installed on top of the building.
The sign was designed using the same font and lighting style of the original marquee after a historic picture of the Theater was found.
A small business façade improvement grant from the City of Orlando helped pay for the fabrication and installation of the sign.
The theater was built in 1939 and converted to offices for IBM in the 1950s. At some point, the original marquee was removed.
Read the entire article online at bungalower.com.
Article by Sarah Elbadri.
Image courtesy CT member Jorgeb.