Showing 101 - 125 of 2,843 comments
Famous Players opened a cinema in the mall with two screens on August 12th, 1970 and added a third screen in 1980. It closed down and a new cinema with 12 screens opened in 2000. Grand opening ad in photo section.
December 30th, 1920 grand opening as Loew’s. also in the photo section.
March 5th, 1976 grand opening as a triplex cinema.
December 9th, 2011 web ad in photo section.
June 7th, 2013 grand opening ad in photo section.
“Bowling for Columbine” was filmed in this cinema.
This opened with one screen in 1970. five screens around 1994 and nine in 1996.
This opened in the late 1990’s with three cinemas and two more screens around 2000. Rebuilt 2002.
This opened as a twin in the late 1970’s and expanded to seven screens around 1997.
First cinema in the mall opened around 1970 by Famous Players with two cinemas. Three cinemas in the late 1970’s and closed in 1998 for the SilverCity.
Opened with three screens in the mall in the late 1970’s and rebuilt in 1999 with 10 screens.
telliott: my contact information is at http://movie-theatre.org/contact
Ad for the reopening of the cinema from May 8th, 2009 can be found in the photo section. Two cinemas opened in the mall in the late 1970’s and expanded to six cinemas in the early 1990’s.
This opened in 2003.
Looks boarded up by the Googlemobile passed it by. Official website is now closed as well.
This opened in 2000.
However by the time the Googlemobile passed it by, There is no “SilverCity” sign in front of the building, just “Famous Players”.
This opened as Famous Players 8 in 1996. An exact copy of the theatre was also built in Moncton,NB. Enlarged and renamed SilverCity in 2002.
Official website http://www.broadwaycinemas.ca/
November 7th, 2008 grand opening ad in photo section.
This opened in 2004.
This opened on May 5th, 2007.
March 22nd, 1929 grand opening ad in photo section.
December 27th, 1924 grand opening ad in photo section.
June 26th, 1981 grand opening ads in English and French in photo section.