Showing 1,951 - 1,975 of 2,939 comments
This opened on August 4th, 1967 along with the Lakeside Cinema. The grand opening ad has been posted here.
This opened on April 18th, 1968. The grand opening ad has been uploaded in the photo section.
This opened on March 9th, 1951. Ad is up on the photo page.
Be careful, There was an Panorama theatre that opened downtown on August 14th, 1953
The November 3rd, 1950 grand opening ad has been uploaded in this theatre’s web page.
This opened on July 1st, 1949. The grand opening ad is in the photo section
March 23rd 1949 has been uploaded in the photo section of this theatre’s page.
June 8th, 1946 grand opening ad had been uploaded to this page.
January 25th, 1946 ad has now uploaded to this page. It was a theatre for whites and blacks.
June 19th, 1945 grand opening ad has been uploaded in the photo section with a picture.
I uploaded this theatre’s grand opening ad in the photo section.
This opened on September 27th, 1939. An grand opening ad has been uploaded in this theater’s photo page.
This opened on September 24th, 1941. The grand opening ad is in this theatre’s photo page.
The grand opening ad from January 28th, 1942 is in this theatre’s photo section
United opened their Happyland On March 24th, 1940
Grand opening ad from December 24th, 1916 has been uploaded in the photo department of this page.
1964 area of the drive-in
There was no drive shown on the photo, are you of its location?
Correction, the link povided by CSWalczak states that it closed in 1953.
Picture is at
It’s gone by 1964.
3615 Grove Street maps properly.
An apartment complex now stands on the site
This opened in November 1997
San Diego Union-Tribune, The (CA) – November 6, 1997
Life in the age of the ‘plex Gaslamp 15 looks like a movie house … now if it would just act and sound like one …
It is called the Pacific Gaslamp 15 Theater and it has no gas lamps — or Ingrid Bergman in “Gaslight.” But it might be a gas, as Sinatra would say: 73,000 square feet including 15 theaters, with “wall-to-wall” screens up to 30 by 46 feet large, plus raked “stadium” seating, plush red seats, lights shaped like Academy Awards, digital sound and a lobby fit for a train depot — or a “popcorn
This was one of the Krikorian theatres that was part of the deal with Regal Cinemas in 1996.
Question: when did this open?
Aerial photo made in 1967 by USGS
1964 photo from USGS Earth Explorer id: 7LTQ08021-229
This opened on February 18th, 1966 with one cinema. 2 screens in 1974 and five on January 13th, 1984.