Comments from poland626

poland626 commented about AMC Clifton Commons 16 on Jan 14, 2017 at 2:38 am

no update on Dolby theater. Called up and was told “sometime soon”

poland626 commented about Maplewood Theatre on Jan 14, 2017 at 2:33 am

This theater was one of the few to get Dolby 3D instead of Real 3D at the time. I know because I remember seeing a film here and it having completely different glasses along with having to return them at the end to staff instead of just throwing them in a bin.

Is the Dolby 3D really different than Real 3D? I think the quality is a lot better imo

poland626 commented about AMC Empire 25 on Jan 9, 2017 at 1:26 am

@alpinedownhiller

Based on the earlier comment about seating sizes per screen, it says #17 has 262 seats. That’s a good size and not a shoebox screen with 100 or less seats

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jan 4, 2017 at 8:09 pm

@optimist008 like, a 5 second google search will show you this wasn’t a screening of the movie but 7 minutes of clips as a “teaser” for imax viewers

poland626 commented about AMC Essex Green on Dec 28, 2016 at 5:14 am

I’ve been here multiple times. I’ve reported them each time and I have emailed Amc after this recent incident. I know what theater I was in, doesn’t mean I can predict the projector working or not.

Examples I’ve experienced first hand: -Cold Food with Warm Sides -Tea that was more water than tea. Literally had no color to it -Breaded Chicken Sandwich was 3 Chicken tenders put between a Bun -Drinks arrived mid movie well after I’ve finished my food -No Salt or Pepper at all unless you ask and then are given you a small cups worth -Sticky Menus replaced with just as Sticky Menus -Broken Tables that don’t move or are complete bent so much my drink falls -And just in general Over priced for this quality

I’ve complained each time. Sometimes I get a free ticket or a “thank you for telling us” speach but nothing ever changes. Look at recent yelp and Google reviews. This isn’t a one time thing. If they want the Dine IN format to succeed they need help

Yelp: https://www.yelp.com/biz/amc-dine-in-theatres-essex-green-9-west-orange?uid=h3fnmqrvEjvPPLU7RLMJKw&utm_source=ashare&utm_campaign=status_quo_sheet&ref=yelp-android

poland626 commented about AMC Essex Green on Dec 27, 2016 at 5:49 am

AVOID theater 3 with a passion. Just saw Sing 3d there and one of their 2 3d projectors has a color issue that if you close your right eye, can see a giant yellow tint over the bottom right corner and a purple streak going diagonally around that yellow border. It ruins the 3d. They need a new projector.

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Jersey Gardens 20 on Dec 18, 2016 at 4:00 am

this theater needs a remodel, badly. With every other local big theater getting something new, it’s strange this one is looked over.

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Dec 15, 2016 at 6:32 pm

So the Dunkirk prologue is apparently being shown here? Is it going to fill the whole screen and be remastered for laser or will it just be the digital iMax version thrown up? Has anyone been there?

poland626 commented about AMC Loews 34th Street 14 on Dec 7, 2016 at 3:05 pm

@xbs2034, I assumed empire 25 was the smallest as 34th does open up sometimes for the digital films.

Yea I’ve seen the letterboxing on regular films, I can’t imagine what this will look like. I hope some reviews start coming out in a day or two.

poland626 commented about AMC Loews 34th Street 14 on Dec 7, 2016 at 5:02 am

The only imax theater in nyc to play the Voyage of Time in Ultra Widescreen 3.6:1, the widest out there apparently. I have NO clue what this will look like when presented and it seems to only be playing at 2:30 pm and 10:10pm. If anyone can go, can you report back on what this looks like?

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Oct 26, 2016 at 11:39 pm

@plagasX Quick Question if you work there. What do the seats looks like? They put new ones in I believe and want to know what type they are if possible.

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Aug 30, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Reserved seating is great imo, I just think that so far every theater with reserved seating has had an upgrade. Just throwing it into every theater brings expectations people have that AMC has set already with the new seats. People think they may be getting good seats like at AMC 84th street or amc west orange but they’re the same old ones

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Jersey Gardens 20 on Aug 25, 2016 at 11:06 pm

I think with AMC’s expansion of Dolby, this could be a future dolby cinema theater. It’s got imax. Rockaway and Clifton are also other contendors imo.

Wouldn’t mind newer seats though like they got in amc west orange with leather reclining but I’m dreaming :P

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jul 3, 2016 at 3:17 am

I don’t think they’d switch projectors for this. It might be easier just to play the digital version this time as they’d only have an hour or so to switch projectors out and back again.

I AM curious to see if Voyage of Time gets played here in film for the 40 minute version coming out for IMAX theaters. Would look pretty great and since it doesn’t come out till October, maybe even Laser would be put in by then?

poland626 commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 18, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Saw Dory here in dolby cinema. Looked and sounded amazing, especially the opening realistic looking short film at the beginning. Yea sunday is best because I think the rest of the mall isn’t open all day like usual due to some local law so the parking lot is mostly empty. I agree though, this is the biggest in the north nj area

poland626 commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 17, 2016 at 3:16 am

In ALL of NJ? IDK AMC Elizabeth has 20 screens and plays tons of international films too in addition to being near tons of communities. This screen benefits from being in a big mall imo.

AMC Hamilton has 24 screens but I have never been there so I can’t comment on it

poland626 commented about AMC Garden State 16 on Jun 11, 2016 at 2:01 am

huh, so were there any upgrades?

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Gone for a while, I’ve been going since early 2008 or so and that’s not been there for a while.

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:05 pm

No, that stuff with the flying over nyc is gone. It’s SOMETIMES just an usher saying the showing is sold out or something, or a voiceover, then the intro video that’s like 15-30 seconds, then the trailer’s/movie starts.

poland626
poland626 commented about AMC Loews Lincoln Square 13 with IMAX on May 28, 2016 at 12:43 am

haha that profile pic is great because I think corky romano came out in 2000/2001. That’s a really, REALLY old photo.

poland626 commented about AMC Empire 25 on May 27, 2016 at 1:58 am

I was only contributing because paramus has the same technology as empire. If simple conversations bother you that much, sorry. I’m just trying to talk about stuff involving this theater and making sure people don’t get ripped off.

poland626 commented about AMC Empire 25 on May 23, 2016 at 4:01 am

Well, the paramus theaters showing Angry Birds also in dolby yet I can’t find info if it was remasterd for dolby vision or it’s just a regular projection. So with neighbors 2 and angry birds, I Agree that people will get confused that they are remastered when they may not be.

plus paramus doesn’t have vibrating chairs like empire does, they recline, but I never felt them vibrate

poland626 commented about AMC Empire 25 on Apr 20, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Good 3d

poland626 commented about AMC Essex Green on Apr 15, 2016 at 1:42 pm

locations gone downhill lately. quality of service is declining as things get delayed and delivered at different times. It’s not good getting my drinks 30 min into the movie when I’m already finishing my food and can’t talk due to being thirsty.

They also sometimes only have 1 waiter for 2 screens. I had to wait 15 min to get my bill.

poland626 commented about AMC Empire 25 on Apr 15, 2016 at 1:40 pm

This is the Dolby Cinema 3d experience now with the jungle book. It’s a brand new 3d system apparently and not even at all locations yet