Comments from rayman29

Showing 8 comments

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Nova 10 Cinemas on Oct 4, 2013 at 11:56 am

This theatre closed last summer rather suddenly. Sounds like financial troubles of the owners.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Merle Hay Mall Cinema on May 27, 2013 at 8:25 am

I am sad that this theatre will close. The new theatre at Merle hay sounds nice, but this has such a great sized screen. Sad to see another single screen theatre with a big screen go away. I wonder what they will do with the space once it closes.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Going to the movies has changed for the better since '80s on Mar 19, 2013 at 10:05 am

I was not alive in the 80s, so I have no first hand experience. To me, a modern multiplex needs to be clean, comfy and up to date, with carpet that isn’t stained, or worn out seats. The staff needs to be friendly, and the screen needs to be big enough. I personally prefer digital projection because I can always see splices when watching film, and think the quality of film is too unpredictable. I do hate how the switch is threatening independent theaters. I prefer to go to older one screen theaters, but those keep getting harder to find. Being in the midwest, I have been to a few surviving small town theaters, and hope to go to more this year. I also hope to see a movie at a drive inn this summer.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Uptown Theatre on May 18, 2012 at 11:00 am

The theatre, and the rest of the buildings attached to it and several houses, will soon be demolished to make way for a new Hy-vee Drugstore. I find this amazing since there is a large Hy-Vee store about half a mile away. Sad.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about West Theatre on Nov 3, 2011 at 6:56 pm

I believe this theatre was actually open at least until the 60s. I know someone who went to this theatre as a kid and he was born in the mid 50s.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Southern Hills Cinema 12 on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:27 pm

Went to this theatre for several years until the Promenade opened up downtown. I have only seen a couple movies here since then, the last one was in November 2010. The theatre was in terrible shape. Carmike needs to relies they aren’t the only theatre in SC anymore and update it.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about Coral Ridge 10 on Nov 2, 2011 at 2:11 pm

I saw several movies here before the renovation. It’s so much nicer now.

rayman29
rayman29 commented about AMC River East 21 on Nov 2, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I saw a movie on here while on vacation in summer of 07. A great theatre.