Comments from Richie_T

Richie_T commented about Edwards Big Newport 6 on Sep 12, 2014 at 3:12 pm

I love this theater more than any other. I hope they do right by her. There’s nowhere else I’d rather be on December 18th, 2015.

Richie_T commented about Regent Theatre on Sep 4, 2014 at 11:17 am

Is this theater closed?

Richie_T commented about iPIC Westwood on May 8, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I’ve been inside and I really like what they’ve done. The AVCO has been reborn. Is it the cinema we remember from the 70s? No. Is it ten times better than the cinema we remember post split? Ten thousand times. This is a classy spot and I urge you to come see for yourself.

Richie_T commented about National Theatre on Jan 27, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Just recognized the National in all its living glory while watching David Fincher’s Zodiac. The house is packed with a 70s era audience while Dirty Harry plays on the big screen. The lobby is also featured as the film lets out. Check it out if you’re feeling nostalgic.

Richie_T commented about UA Twin A & B on Jan 15, 2014 at 12:41 pm

This was a cool theater back in the day. Saw ET and Jedi there. Jedi was 70mm. The building now houses a BABY’S R US. You can see it from the 405.

Richie_T commented about Rialto Theatre on Dec 20, 2013 at 9:52 am

It’s official. The Rialto has been converted into an Urban Outfitters. The interior is pretty cool. They were projecting old black and white films onto the former screen wall during their grand opening. Will drop by with my camera soon.

Richie_T commented about Cinedome 8 Theater on Sep 18, 2013 at 11:55 am

What a short life…

Richie_T
Richie_T commented about Chinese remodel during construction 7-22-13 on Jul 26, 2013 at 11:58 am

What’s done is done. I’m sad to see our heritage lost but at the same time I’m optimistic that this new design will carry on the tradition of first class presentation at one of our most beloved theaters.

Richie_T commented about AMC Criterion 6 on Mar 30, 2013 at 9:10 am

That’s too bad… That was the nicest theater on the promenade… the nicest in Santa Monica even…

Richie_T commented about iPIC Westwood on Mar 15, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Anybody know when this place relaunches…?

Richie_T commented about Century 22 on Mar 7, 2013 at 9:25 am

Wow… this theater reminds me exactly of my beloved, late Orange Cinedome… next time I’m up north I will visit for sure. Good to see.

Richie_T commented about Edwards Family 4 on Feb 12, 2013 at 10:22 am

The Family Four was a little run down but a decent place for broke neighborhood kids like me to camp out in all day long. There were lots of second run double features and a fair amount of hard core slasher flicks which always seemed odd for the Family Four.

Richie_T commented about Waikiki 1 & 2 on Jan 27, 2013 at 5:22 pm

I saw RAMBO III and COMING TO AMERICA there while on vacation in 1988… Great theater!

Richie_T commented about NuWilshire Theatre on Jan 18, 2013 at 12:17 pm

The Folks at Alamo Drafthouse need to check out this venue! It’s stripped bare and ready to go.

Richie_T
Richie_T commented about Cinemark 18 and XD Los Angeles on Jan 13, 2013 at 6:26 pm

Spent a night on LOCK DOWN inside this theater as a hostage situation unfolded across the way at Nordstrom Rack… free movies and popcorn…. strange night.

Richie_T commented about Balboa Village Theatre on Jan 9, 2013 at 11:55 am

This theater was awesome… so many Rocky Horror memories, great audiences and performers, I remember a night back in 1987 where the band INXS attended a screening after shooting a video down at the arcade… amazing times… Pizza Pete’s and the old Balboa Theater, damn… the last film I saw here was AKIRA back in 1990… it’s a shame this theater isn’t better taken care of… RIP

Richie_T commented about Bridge Theatre on Dec 27, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Well said, hdtv267… Any hope of another company moving in?

Richie_T commented about New Port Theatre on Nov 20, 2012 at 9:45 am

I’ll be there for the Lord of the Rings marathon… can’t wait… loved this theater back in the day… thrilled to have it back!

Richie_T commented about Regency Bruin Theatre on Nov 11, 2012 at 10:26 am

Attended an Academy screening of Lincoln last night followed by a Q and A panel including the likes of Daniel Day Lewis, Steven Speilberg, John Williams, Kathleen Kennedy, etc. The theater was packed. First time I’ve seen it this way in years. Made me miss the glory days of Westwood. The old house still has it. Excellent presentation.

Richie_T commented about Edwards Big Newport 6 on Nov 10, 2012 at 2:01 pm

Amen, lukesky7

Richie_T
Richie_T commented about Regal Cinemas LA Live Stadium 14 on Sep 26, 2012 at 4:31 pm

The Premier Cinema is quite impressive. Love the balcony. A+

Richie_T
Richie_T commented about Cinerama Dome and ArcLight Cinemas on Sep 22, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Saw The Master today under the dome in glorious 70mm!

Richie_T commented about Edwards Cinema on Aug 28, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Great memories, Kyle. This was one of my favorite theaters growing up. Cinema Center across the street was awesome too! The last time I saw a movie at this location was in 1996… it was the Hellraiser set in outer space, I believe it was called Bloodline. I have to say, the theater was in pretty bad shape at this point. I wonder if they spruced it up for Star Wars. If memory serves they closed it shortly thereafter. Anyway, glad to see other movie geeks showing love for Edwards.

Richie_T commented about iPIC Westwood on Aug 3, 2012 at 9:56 am

Although I’m not 100% behind the concept of iPic, it comforts me to know that the Avco will live on in some capacity.

Richie_T commented about Royal Theatre on Aug 2, 2012 at 4:29 pm