Comments from Tp

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Apr 24, 2016 at 6:51 am

latest word I heard was it forclosed on

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Apr 10, 2016 at 5:38 am

drove by on april9,2016 both screens are gone marque sign is still there and concession building the ground has about 100 semi tractors parked there

Tp commented about Starzz Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 11:16 am

Joe I know there was nothing there in 1985 just an empty lot

Tp commented about Starzz Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 7:43 am

if you put in 20212 whitfield rd in goggle earth you can see it shaped like diamond

Tp commented about Starzz Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 7:37 am

joe I was stationed at whiteman afb mo 1985-95 so I know Sedalia had no DI went S Korea came back to whiteman in 1998 the Starzz DI was advertising in the whiteman afb weekly newspaper as being on whitfield rd know this was not opened during the 1st time I was there this must been black out and reopened sometime 1995-98

Tp commented about Starzz Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 3:02 am

starzz was opened in last in 1998 located at 20212 whitfield rd Sedalia this was about 2 miles west Sedalia you can find it google satellite

Tp commented about Starzz Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 2:52 am

Chris this was never called the Starz it 50 hwy di and also as the Sedalia di

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:42 pm

1981 image you can see the screen and shadow right between the AER

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:17 pm

This from 1969 looks as though there is no screen and speakers

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:11 pm

The entrance was just south of 50 HWY

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 11:05 pm

50 Hwy runs West to East
291 Hwy North to South

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Aug 10, 2015 at 12:28 am

6I was told new owner bought it in auction at Court House for back taxes. Rumor has it there fixing it up to open back as a tavern.

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Aug 8, 2015 at 5:28 am

I have solved the address debate the actual address was 1206 Alabama. The street Parkview was a street that ran along side of Alabama with about only 8-10 ft separation between the 2 streets. The Mailbox for mail delivery was located on Parkview Street this address of 1526 Parkview was only used for Mail delivery and Newspaper Adds.

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Aug 8, 2015 at 5:17 am

For SALE by Coldwell Bankers at COLDWELLBANKER GENERAL.COM LISTEF ON THIS date 7 August 2015 for $585.000.

Tp commented about North Twin Drive-In on Jun 1, 2015 at 7:35 am

I know the Screens were still up on 4 April 1995 the next day I left for Osan AB South Korea

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Feb 14, 2015 at 9:17 am

last owned by a Rudy Penzeno

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 22, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Joe I went to a Facebook site called St Joseph Mo Past, Present and Future asking anyone who remembers anything about the King Theater. So keep checking with site for added responses.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 21, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Joe you could be right but I talked to my dad who went to several movies at the King Theater. He told me it was torn down to complete the East side intersection of King Hill + Alabama, that it use to be a T type intersection and reduce the amount of traffic. If you see the road to the right of Darcis School of Dance that for a long time was the road for people to take to the East until the city made the east side portion of King Hill and Alabama intersection. The King was located to the North and left side right next to Darcis School of Dance.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 21, 2014 at 5:08 am

Joe I will check the 1920’s city directory next time I’M in St Joe to see if another business was at this address before it became the Valley Theater.
But like I said I have a 94 year old lady who is still a live telling me it was the Valley Theater.
St Joe has a lot of old buildings in this town.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 21, 2014 at 4:58 am

Joe the Valley Theater is on the web site called St Joseph Mo Memory Lane. Next time I’M in St Joe Library ILL check the City Directory for that address in 1920’s city directory. But like I said the Darcis School of dance building first appeared in 1939 city directory and it was not listed in 1938 city directory or earlier

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 20, 2014 at 6:20 am

The King Theater was actually listed in the 1941 City Directory the exact date unknown at this time

Tp commented about Plaza Theatre on Oct 19, 2014 at 9:32 pm

First appeared in the 1916 St Joseph Mo City Directory as the Olive Theater. The exact date for it’s Grand Opening is still unknown at this time.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 19, 2014 at 11:39 am

Joe now I know Darci’s School of dance building looks as if it could have been a Theater building during the time period of say the 1940,s or older. Now this is what my research on this building. About 1930 there was another Theater building called the Valley Theater I think last year was open 1935 the address was 6121 King Hill Ave the 1936,37,38 City Directory has it as being vacant and also during this time period the address for 6119 King Hill Ave was not even listed which current address of Darci’s School of Dance. Then in 1939 City Directory the address for 6119 was listed as Weiners Department Store there is a picture of it at St Joseph Mo Memory lane the first time for 6119 listing and also the address for the Valley Theater of 6121 King Hill Ave was no longer listed I have trying to find out if nthis was just a misprint in the City Directory at that time that no one has ever caught or if building was tore down and new building was built being 6119 King Hill Ave. Little over a year ago I stoped by there and ask Darci if she knew when the building was built and she didn’t know but she said her dad had the papers on the building and how old it was. But I have not talked to him as of yet. So if this building was built before 1939 then it was in deed the Valley Theater. Now I have talked with an Elderly lady that I have known since I was born who is actually 94 Yrs old she did tell me it was the Valley Theater but I actually have no other proof at this time and yes I do believe4 it was the Valley Theater

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 19, 2014 at 11:09 am

Joe I’m sorry to tell you this building was never the King Theater if you go to St Joseph Mo Memory lane you will see the address as being 6115 King Hill Ave, if you go to King Hill Ave section of same web site you will see that Darcis School of dance as being 6119 King Hill Ave. For years as little kid growing up in St Joseph Mo I actually thought the same thing that it was the King Theater. In August 1969 my family moved from Kansas City Mo to St Joseph Mo the King Theater building was not even there during that time. However my research has found out the King Theater was listed in 1969 St Joseph Mo City Directory AS BEING VACANT at downtown Library. The 1970 City Directory the address for the King Theater was no longer listed. What I found out over the years was that the building was torn down this had to of happen prior to August 1969 since it wasn’t there at that time. I have been looking at old newspaper during this time for any articles about it being torn down. The city did it to put in the intersection of King Hill + Alabama the East side of This intersection was where this Theater was located at.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 19, 2014 at 10:49 am

Chris and Joe The Great Plains Grand Theater Grand Opening was on 7 April 1940 it was only open for 17 days. It holds the record in St Joseph Mo of having the shortest life span as movie house and possibly in the State of Mo