Comments from Tp

Tp commented about Trail Theatre on Jul 4, 2014 at 12:34 pm

I checked micro film at local Library no adds in Jan 2010 newspapers so I decided to check Dec 2009 newspapers and again no adds which means it closed before Dec 2009.

Tp commented about Uptown Theatre on May 20, 2014 at 12:04 am

Sorry the above date is in correct newspaper add says Grand Opening date was Wednesday 22January1941 the owner was Cassil’s say person who owned Rialto Theater

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on May 5, 2014 at 1:11 am

I was really hoping this would open up again with what just happened to the Plaza 8 theaters closing because screen land did not want to convert from film to digital there is now only one open theater in town the Hollywood with nooooo competition.

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on May 5, 2014 at 1:07 am

Steve from what I know it was part management like not cutting the grass. But it was mostly the owners fighting over it. I was told by one employee the current owner was a doctor from Montana who wanted to see a return on his investment before putting up- 160 grand to convert to digital. But I went to a few movies in 2013 and the place was packed so it was a gold mine I really believe.

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on May 2, 2014 at 4:40 am

rlycooke check with Bills and Bagby theaters they just bought the I-70-Drive In and Twin Drive-In Theater in Kansas city Mo . The deadline for changing from film to digital is Dec2014 time is running out if they hadn’t of bought them they were going to go dark

Tp commented about Fire remains of Skyark on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:43 am

Firemen looking at the damage

Tp commented about Fire at Skylark pg2 on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:37 am

Newspaper article on fire at Skylark

Tp commented about Fire at Skylark on Mar 25, 2014 at 3:30 am

Fire happened on Sunday 11 July 1982

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Oct 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm

I think you ment Parkview not Parkwood the urrent address is 1206 Alabama it became this in 1990. Before 1990 it was 1526 parkview at least from 1952-1989

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:59 am

Update on finding the add for the very last movie shown at the Parkview Drive-IN. I have finished checking the St Joseph Mo Newspress papers for 1980,81,82 which at the time was the evening newspaper did not find anything. I now believe it was posted in the St Joseph Mo Gazette which was at the time the morning newspaper at the time which only ran Monday-Friday. When I talked with Clifford Brighmans Widow she does not remember this so I’M thinking the person MUST of been the Assistant Manager of the Drive-In of who she don’t remember the person’s name. I do remember there was 2 different adds one that was about a week before and then the day of the event and the last movie was The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and the Wet Teeshirt contest. So Im still looking.

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Oct 13, 2013 at 2:20 am

I now have more proof that the correct address was in deed 1526 Parkview I have uploaded 10 pictures of City Directory located at Downtown Library in St Joseph Mo. Starting with 1972 City Directory when it was first know as the Cowtown. 1979 City Directory when it was last opened and known as Parkview Drive-In also 1981,82,83,84 when it was called Cycle X Motor Cycle Track. Just don’t ever remember this one. From 1985,86,87,88,89 it was shown as being vacant. I’m sorry to say my camera was needed a recharge and was unable to take the 1990 City Directory but I did look at it. That was the year it was listed as Barnard’s Auto Salvage with a address of 1206 Alabama. I don’t know why it changed to 1206 Alabama in 1990. But during the time period it was a Drive-In 1526 Parkview was the correct address. It did not become 1206 Alabama until 11 years after it closed as a Drive-In

Tp commented about Skylark Drive-In on Sep 12, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I remember reading a newspaper article around the time it closed but what I remember it saying was the original plan was to keep the Skylark open, because the Belt Drive-In had already been sold and the 1982 season would be it’s last. But due to the fire the original plan changed and the Skylark was up for sale.

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Mar 25, 2013 at 2:12 am

I have written documentation from Clifford Brigman widow Fran that he was not the Head or Chief Projectionest that job already belonged to someone else who was already with the Drive-In When he took over as the Head Manager. Clifford Brigman was also the Head Manager of 2 other Drive-Ins the Skylark Drive-In located in Leavenworth Kansas and another Drive-In LOCATED Jefferson City Mo. Due to his busy schedule of being Head Manager for 3 Drive-Ins at one time Clifford Brigman hired an assistant to run Parkview. Years Later after the Parkview Drive In Closed he became the Head Manager of a Twin Screen Drive-In located Springfield Illinois. The Drive-in was not loosing money at the time it closed, i was told it just wasnt making big enough profit.

Tp commented about Jo Theatre on Mar 21, 2013 at 6:01 pm

i was told if you have at+t as your internet provider they cant get even i have at+t i have to go to local library to get on this site.

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Mar 15, 2013 at 2:14 pm

last i knew someone bought this place at court house auction. was last owned by rudy pinzinoclosed as theater in early 1960s during 70,80,90, it was a bar.

Tp commented about Jo Theatre on Mar 13, 2013 at 2:54 pm

forgot to mention if you have ATT as internet provider you probably wont be able to bring it up.

Tp commented about Jo Theatre on Mar 13, 2013 at 2:51 pm

There is now a picture of this Theater at sjml.net46.net/jo2.jpg

Tp commented about Skylark Drive-In on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:57 am

does anyone remember when it was tore down im pretty sure there was picture of it before it was tore down.

Tp commented about Davis Theatre 4 on Feb 27, 2013 at 12:08 am

chuck do you remember when it closed exactly i remember driving by it wheni was stationed at whiteman afb

Tp commented about Davis Theatre 4 on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:41 am

does anyone remember the drive in that was on hwy 13 just about ¼ mile south I-70 i remmeber it was still opened in 1986-87

Tp commented about Sedalia Drive-In on Feb 22, 2013 at 1:32 am

i talked with the owner of the La Maires cajun catfish restraunt was told the drive in closed about July or august 1975 when it was destroyed by a tornado

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Feb 12, 2013 at 1:44 am

The address of 1526 Parkview is CORRECT if you click on the photo then newspaper adds you will see it says 1526 Parkview sometime from when it closed barnards auto the address changed to 1206 alabama. When i have sometime i will check with the city directory at the library to find out when.

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Feb 8, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Sorry correct spelling only L in Palace

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Feb 5, 2012 at 10:57 pm

First opened as the Pallace Theater on Thursday 21Dec1922 Movie Shown that day-Song of Life. Years later became the Regal.

Tp commented about Rialto Theatre on Dec 12, 2011 at 11:43 am

If you look at the picture dated 23October1926 st Joseph Gazette you can see how the building has changed over the years.