Comments from Tp

Tp commented about King Theatre on Feb 12, 2017 at 11:24 pm

these people remember going to movies at this place

Tp commented about King Theatre on Feb 12, 2017 at 11:22 pm

joe please go to facebook put in search box king theater go down where it has post by Terry Mcginnis click on comments section make sure you get them all several people tell what happened to king theater and it shows a picture of where it use to be one person said there was a small space between it and darcis school of dance

Tp commented about Frontier Drive-In on Feb 12, 2017 at 3:27 pm

Jw the city that this was in is Winthrop Mo if you use google satellite youll see Winthrop right across from Atchison Mo Rushville was about 10 miles north of this location both cities are located in Buchanan county mo please change to Winthrop Mo the address is correct just not the town

Tp commented about Highway 14 Drive-In on Feb 12, 2017 at 1:15 pm

ken here picture of entrance sign just accross street

Tp commented about Diamond Drive-In on Feb 12, 2017 at 12:04 am

when I came back in 1998 from skorea I know it was opened that summer remember seeing the ads in newspaper.And that was the last year opened. I was in Sedalia area from 85-95 I know that this was not opened at this time. Must reopened in summer 95-98. The drive in theater was located about mile east of the Tyson chicken plant. and was actually 2.5 west of Sedalia city limits

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Aug 11, 2016 at 2:51 pm

jm77ok your right I seen the damage but I only the south upper portion of the at roof part

Tp commented about Globe Theatre on Aug 5, 2016 at 6:15 pm

I just bought a really old newspaper at antique store savannah reporter dated friday may 29, 1914 there is a ad for glove theater for battle of san juan hill

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Apr 24, 2016 at 12:51 am

latest word I heard was it forclosed on

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Apr 9, 2016 at 11:38 pm

drove by on april9,2016 both screens are gone marque sign is still there and concession building the ground has about 100 semi tractors parked there

Tp commented about Sedalia Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 6:16 am

Joe I know there was nothing there in 1985 just an empty lot

Tp commented about Sedalia Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 2:43 am

if you put in 20212 whitfield rd in goggle earth you can see it shaped like diamond

Tp commented about Sedalia Drive-In on Mar 21, 2016 at 2:37 am

joe I was stationed at whiteman afb mo 1985-95 so I know Sedalia had no DI went S Korea came back to whiteman in 1998 the Starzz DI was advertising in the whiteman afb weekly newspaper as being on whitfield rd know this was not opened during the 1st time I was there this must been black out and reopened sometime 1995-98

Tp commented about Sedalia Drive-In on Mar 20, 2016 at 10:02 pm

starzz was opened in last in 1998 located at 20212 whitfield rd Sedalia this was about 2 miles west Sedalia you can find it google satellite

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Jan 16, 2016 at 5:42 pm

1981 image you can see the screen and shadow right between the AER

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 5:17 pm

This from 1969 looks as though there is no screen and speakers

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 5:11 pm

The entrance was just south of 50 HWY

Tp commented about Terrace on Jan 16, 2016 at 5:05 pm

50 Hwy runs West to East
291 Hwy North to South

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Aug 9, 2015 at 6:28 pm

6I was told new owner bought it in auction at Court House for back taxes. Rumor has it there fixing it up to open back as a tavern.

Tp commented about Parkview Drive-In on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:28 pm

I have solved the address debate the actual address was 1206 Alabama. The street Parkview was a street that ran along side of Alabama with about only 8-10 ft separation between the 2 streets. The Mailbox for mail delivery was located on Parkview Street this address of 1526 Parkview was only used for Mail delivery and Newspaper Adds.

Tp commented about Cooke Brothers Drive-In on Aug 7, 2015 at 11:17 pm

For SALE by Coldwell Bankers at COLDWELLBANKER GENERAL.COM LISTEF ON THIS date 7 August 2015 for $585.000.

Tp commented about North Twin Drive-In on Jun 1, 2015 at 1:35 am

I know the Screens were still up on 4 April 1995 the next day I left for Osan AB South Korea

Tp commented about Regal Theater on Feb 14, 2015 at 3:17 am

last owned by a Rudy Penzeno

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 22, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Joe I went to a Facebook site called St Joseph Mo Past, Present and Future asking anyone who remembers anything about the King Theater. So keep checking with site for added responses.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 21, 2014 at 9:10 am

Joe you could be right but I talked to my dad who went to several movies at the King Theater. He told me it was torn down to complete the East side intersection of King Hill + Alabama, that it use to be a T type intersection and reduce the amount of traffic. If you see the road to the right of Darcis School of Dance that for a long time was the road for people to take to the East until the city made the east side portion of King Hill and Alabama intersection. The King was located to the North and left side right next to Darcis School of Dance.

Tp commented about King Theatre on Oct 20, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Joe I will check the 1920’s city directory next time I’M in St Joe to see if another business was at this address before it became the Valley Theater.
But like I said I have a 94 year old lady who is still a live telling me it was the Valley Theater.
St Joe has a lot of old buildings in this town.