Princeton Garden Theatre
160 Nassau Street,
4 people favorited this theater
Located across from Princeton University, the theatre has been modernized yet maintains an old time charm.
The Garden Theatre opened its doors on September 20, 1920, with a showing of “Civilian Clothes”, starring Thomas Meighan. The event also featured a live orchestra and palms and ferns arranged on the stage.
Sameric Corporation ran the theatre from 1975 through 1988, turning the facility into a twin theatre in 1981 known as the Eric Garden Theatre. United Artists then operated the facility for four years before Theater Management Corporation, which operates neighborhood theatres throughout the northeast, began leasing and managing it in 1993, after it was quietly purchased by Princeton University.
The theatre closed temporarily in August 2000 and reopened in June 2001 after a $1M renovation. In 2014, it was taken over by Renew Theatres, the non-profit organization which operates in the Philadelphia suburbs the County Theatre, Doylestown, the Ambler Theatre and the Hiway Theatre in Jenkintown.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater