110 E. Chestnut Street,
2 people favorited this theater
First opened in October 1921 as the Pert Theatre. On June 6, 1928 it reopened as the New Pert Theatre with a seating capacity of 603. From September 1930 it was remodeled by the Frisnia Amusement Co. and was known as the Lyric Theatre.
Frisnia closed the Lyric Theatre in 1953 and it remained dark until it re-opened as the Canna Theatre on October 18, 1956 with Joan Crawford in “Autumn Leaves”. It was then operated by the Canna Anna civic organisation.
In recent years it reverted back to the name Lyric Theatre. The theatre was donated to the city of Gillespie in 2003 and has been renovated for use as a concert hall.
In 2007 it was leased by a new management and the name reverted back to Canna Theatre, screening first-run movies. Opening on May 18, 2007 with “Shrek the Third” it had closed by 2016.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater