Wells Film Centre Cinema
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Wells Film Centre Cinema opened in January 1993. Independent operator Derek Cooper planned this to be a temporary stop-gap, as he was negotiating to re-open the former Palace Theatre, that had closed as a cinema around 1954. This was not to be, and the Wells Film Centre Cinema became the only cinema operating in the town. The Palace Theatre was demolished in 1999.
The building which houses the Wells Film Centre Cinema was originally a single-storey boys club room. Originally a single screen seating 150, a second screen seating 60 was added in 1999. Since then a third screen has been added, with the screens now seating 116, 113 and 82.
While the Wells Film Centre Cinema has been a success, it is shame that the adjacent building, the magnificent Art Deco style Regal Cinema (Grade II Listed) has sat empty and unused since Mr Cooper closed it in January 1993, when he opened his Wells Film Centre Cinema.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater