67 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the north Birmingham district of Erdington. Opened as the Erdington Picture House on 18th October 1913. The opening films was a six-reeler named "An African Hunt". The Picture House was located across the High Street from the Palace Cinema and the rear of the building backed onto the Swan Hotel. The cinema was an early design by noted cinema architect Archibald Hurley Robinson. The decorative tiles on the facade had the name ‘The Erdington Picture House’ embellished upon it. It had a 20 feet wide proscenium.
In the early years it was commonly known as West’s Picture House, after the owner at time, West’s Picture Playhouse Ltd. It was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) in around October 1929.
ABC closed the Picture House on 24th November 1956, with Max Bygraves in "Charlie Moon" and a supporting film named "The Village". It was demolished, and Wilton Market was built on the site. In 2009 it houses a Cash Converters and Instore Direct.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater