354 Pinner Road,
1 person favorited this theater
Located on the northwest side of Pinner Road at the corner of Imperial Drive/Station Road, close to North Harrow Underground(tube) Station. The Embassy Cinema was opened in October 1928, and was built for the Pinner Cinema Co. Ltd. The architectural firm of Emden & Egan designed the cinema, with their supervising architect T.C. Overstone being in charge. The cinema had a cafe attached, for the convenience of its patrons.
It was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC) in May 1936, and by 1939 had become the ABC’s second-run cinema in the Harrow area (their Dominion Cinema in the centre of Harrow being first-run).
ABC Cinemas closed the Embassy Cinema on 11th May 1963 with Bette Davis in "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane" and William Schallert in "Philbert"(Three’s a Crowd).
It was demolished and a 10-pin bowling alley and Safeway supermarket was built on the site. This too was demolished in April 2006, and a new supermarket and block of flats was being built on the site in 2008.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater