193-195 Tottenham High Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the north London inner city district of South Tottenham, on the west side of Tottenham High Road between Seven Sisters Road and South Tottenham Railway Station, close to the Corner Cinema. The Wyvern Electric Theatre was opened in 1910, a conversion of the Wyvern Assembly Rooms. It was a single storey building and had 200 seats. In 1911 it was taken over by the American Bioscope Co. who operated it until March 1913.
After a short period closed, it re-opened in April 1913 as the Tottenham Cinema, with 350 seats. The Ironbridge Electrical Co. took over in 1914, and they operated it until closure in 1922.
The building became a small factory for a while, manufacturing ladies blouses. It was then taken over by the London Co-Operative Society and converted into an extension of their adjacent store at 197 High Road.
This side of High Road was demolished in the 1960’s, and part of the Stonebridge Road housing estate was built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater