UA Midway Stadium 9
108-22 Queens Boulevard,
17 people favorited this theater
Located in the Forest Hills section of Queens. The RKO Midway Theatre (named for the famous Battle of Midway) was opened on September 24, 1942 with Monty Woolley in “The Pied Piper” and Lloyd Nolan in “Just Off Broadway”. It had a seating capacity for 2,002 in orchestra and balcony levels and was designed by Thomas W. Lamb Associates, which included S. Charles Lee. It was sold as single screen theatre in June 1997 to the Heskel Group. The total purchase price, which included the nearby Forest Hills Theatre, was $9 million.
The theater was closed two months later and completely renovated into a nine-screen multiplex. Following a year of construction, the Midway Theatre reopened as the UA Midway 9 and is now one of Queens' best performing movie theaters.
Sadly, the theater’s original interior appearance was mostly lost during the conversion, but its exterior remains a familiar Queens Boulevard landmark.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater