No one has favorited this theater yet
Built at the rear of the Hippodrome Theatre, this opened as the Empire Hall and Roller Skating Rink in 1909, the building was designed by architect George F. Ward, who also designed the Hippodrome Theatre in 1900.
It was converted to the Empire Theatre in 1910. By 1914 it had become a cinema called Vint’s Picturedrome, but success in either stage or screen seemed elusive and in around 1915, Leon Vint’s company was bankrupt. It is not sure if the Picturedrome remained open, but it had closed by the end of the First World War. It apparently accommodated over 2,000 in stalls, circle, balcony and boxes.
It became a warehouse, then a factory for Intalok Ltd, when much of the interior decoration was removed. Closed for industrial use in the 1970’s, it became Raffles Nightclub, with part of the building in use as Madison Snooker Club.
The current use as the Liquid and Envy nightclub.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater