128-130 High Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Architects: Horace G. Bradley
Styles: Art Deco
Previous Names: Prince's Hall Cinema
Located in Smethwick Staffordshire, a district in the west of Greater Birmingham. Originally on this High Street site was the Prince’s Hall, which opened as a cinema on 19th December 1912 with "Jasmine and Fire at Sea".
It was re-built in 1930, to the plans of architect Horace G. Bradley. Re-opened on 26th December 1930, it was equipped with a Compton 2Manual/5Ranks organ, which was opened by Wilfred Southworth. The Prince’s Cinema was operated by the owners of the Windsor Theatre, Bearwood, Smethwick, who also owned the nearby Empire Theatre. They soon transfered the Compton organ to the Empire Theatre.
The Prince’s Cinema was closed on 27th June 1970 with "Carry On Camping" and "Carry On Teacher". It re-opened in 1971 as an Asian cinema, screening Bollywood films. The Prince’s Cinema finally closed in 1980.
The building became derelict and was eventually demolished in 2008.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.