38 City Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on City Road at the corner of Bardsay Road, in the Walton District of Liverpool, close to the Everton Football Club. The Coliseum Cinema was opened on 7th December 1922 with Edith Roberts in “The Firecat” and Larry Seman in “The Show”. The entrance was on the right-hand side of the building, with the auditorium running to the left, parallel to City Road. Seating was provided on a stadium plan, with a steeply raked floor at the rear of the auditorium.
In 1927 it was taken over by the Regent Enterprise circuit, and in 1936 it became part of the Associated British Cinemas(ABC) chain.
A new wide proscenium arch was installed in September 1955, to allow CinemaScope films. The Coliseum Cinema was closed on 1st December 1956 with Arthur Askey in “Ramsbotton Rides Again” and Neville Brand in “Bobby Ware is Missing”. The building was purchased by Everton Football Club to be used as a supporters club and this lasted until they moved out in 1994. Since then it has been Orry’s Social Club and currently Croft’s Social Club.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater