No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, on Nelson Place at the corners of King Street and George Street. The building was originally the Theatre Royal, built in 1787. It became the Newcastle and Pottery Theatre, and was converted into the Cinema Theatre, opening on 14th May 1910 by the London Cinematograph Company.
Renovations were carried out in 1912, and it was re-named Newcastle Cinema. More renovations followed in 1922 when it came under new ownership. In 1930 it was taken over by M & M Cinemas of Paddington, London and re-named Plaza Cinema. Taken over by Robert Beresford in 1934, he died in 1936, and his family continued to operate the Plaza Cinema until 1946 when they sold it to the Southan Morris chain of SM Super Cinemas, and it was re-named Roxy Cinema. SM Super Cinemas were taken over by the Essoldo chain and they operated the Roxy Cinema until it closed on 23rd November 1957 with “The Creature Walks Among Us”
The Roxy Cinema was demolished in 1963, and offices were built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater