502 Hartshill Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Hartshill district of Stoke-On-Trent, in the Potteries, Staffordshire. The Victoria Theatre was opened as a cinema on 25th August 1913. By April 1914, it was screening films, and staging variety acts on its stage.
In 1931 it was equipped with an Edibell sound system. In 1946 it was taken over by the J.F. Emery Circuit. The Victoria Theatre was equipped with CinemaScope, showing on a 22 feet wide screen, the first film was Jane Russell in “Underwater”, which was in Superscope.
The Victoria Theatre was closed on 25th June 1960 with James MacArthur in “Third Man on the Mountain”.
In late-1960 it was converted into a nightclub, which was closed in 1961. It was then used as a store until October 1962, when it was taken over by a theatre company, who played live theatre ‘in the round’, and it eventually closed in December 1985.
In 1989, the corner entrance and frontage on Hartshill Road was demolished and rebuilt as offices for a building society (in 2012 Britannia), and the auditorium was converted into retail use (in 2012 as a furniture store and baby accessory store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater