19 All Saints' Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Stamford, Lincolnshire. The Odd Fellows Hall was built in 1876. There was a 450-seat hall upstairs and a 250 seat hall downstairs at ground level.
In 1909, films were screened in the upstairs hall. This was so successful that the downstairs hall was also used for screening films and was operated as the Electric Picturedrome.
In 1922, after extensive alterations, the upstairs hall was re-opened as the Picturedrome, the downstairs Electric Picturedrome having closed.
During World War II, the Picturedrome was closed and used by various government departments. In the mid-1960’s, it was refurbished as the Crystal Room, retaining the cinema screen and equipment. By 1973, the lower hall was in use as offices for the Inland Revenue.
The entire hall was closed in late-1988 after being sold. By 1994, the interior had been gutted and converted into flats, while the exterior had been cleaned and restored. The name ‘Odd Fellows Hall and the date 1876 is still inscribed in the stonework on the facade.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater