Central Picture Palace
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Bloxwich, north of Walsall, Staffordshire. The building was originally constructed and used as a Wesleyan chapel from 1838. It was extended and converted into the Central Picture Palace, opening in late-1913. Seating was provided on a single raked floor, and there was a small stage for cine-variety.
It was leased to Tom Wood in 1915, and was known as Woods Palace. It was closed briefly in 1921.
In December 1921, it was re-opened by showman Pat Collins, who’s Electric Palace was being demolished to build the new Grosvenor Cinema (later known as the Odeon). Pat Collins kept the Central Picture Palace open for a year, closing it in December 1922, when the newly built Grosvenor Cinema opened.
He then used the Central Picture Palace as a repair shop for his numerous fairground rides. In 1937 it was converted into a garage, and later went to light industrial use. In recent years it has been in use as a discount furniture store.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater