No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Bromyard, Herefordshire, near the border with Wales. The Plaza Talkie Theatre was opened prior to 1934. It was a very basic building, located at the rear of the Falcon Hotel. Seating was all on a single level. The proscenium was 17 feet wide. Initially it was equipped with an AWH & Edibell sound system
In the late-1940’s or early-1950’s it was re-named Plaza Cinema. A new CinemaScope size proscenium was added in the 1950’s which was 22 feet wide. At around the same time a Western Electric sound system was installed. The Plaza Cinema was badly damaged by a fire in early-1971. It was repaired, restored and re-opened on 26th December 1971 with Walt Disney’s “Pinocchio”. Later in the 1970’s it was in use as a G.W.R nightclub.
By 2006, the building was in dilapidated state, with tarpaulin covering the roof. Since then, by 2009, it has been restored and is in use as a bar named Falcon Mews.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater