Miller Symphony Hall
23 North Sixth Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The former Lyric Theatre is now the Miller Symphony Hall (previously the Allentown Symphony Hall) and is Allentown’s main performing arts facility, a success story for this 1896 Central Market Hall building. It was converted to a theatre three years later by the architectural firm J.B. McElfatrick & Sons, and named the Lyric Theatre, opening on October 10, 1899. The stone facade seen today was added in 1920. By 1941, it was operating as a movie theatre, but had closed by 1943. In 1953, it became the home of the Allentown Symphony Orchestra, which owns it outright.
Beginning in 1991, a nearly-$10 million renovation process moved forward on restoring and improving the theatre, including an upgrade to stage facilities.
The theatre’s third floor features the Rodale Community Room which is often booked for receptions, recitals, and other private and corporate events and dinners for 160 to 200 guests with elevator access and parking nearby.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater