83 Owen Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Previously operated by: Associated British Cinemas Ltd., Marks Circuit Cinemas
Architects: G. Bowden
Firms: Scott & Clark
Previous Names: Tivoli Cinema, Regent Picture Theatre
Located in the town of Tipton, to the northeast of Dudley in the West Midlands. The Tivoli Cinema was a conversion of a market hall to the plans of architecture firm Scott & Clark, and it opened in July 1910. It was operated by Benjamin Kennedy. In July 1914, alterations were carried out to the plans of architect G. Bowden.
Taken over by Midlands Entertainment in August 1920, it was renamed Regent Picture House. In January 1931 it was taken over by Associated British Cinemas(ABC), and they operated the Regent Cinema until the early-1940’s, when it was taken over by the Marks Circuit Cinemas of Manchester. In 1942 it was taken over by an independent operators Edgar & David Duckworth, who were involved with the running of the previous operators Midlands Entertainment.
After alterations, it was re-named Regal Cinema on 28th June 1954 when it presented the CinemaScope film “Flight of the White Heron”. The Regal Cinema was closed on 3rd December 1960 with Anthony Newley in “Jazz Boat” and “Kill Her Gently”. The building had been sold for redevelopment, and was demolished in February 1963 for shops to be built on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.