No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Coleraine, County Londonderry. The Palladium Cinema was opened in 1932. It originally boasted a café for the convenience of its patrons. It was destroyed by fire in 1936. It was immediately rebuilt. Operated as an independent cinema, in 1963 it was taken over by Odeon Theatres(Ireland) Ltd., part of the Rank Organisation. It was listed as being operated by Shaun Henry in 1980. The Palladium Cinema was closed in August 1990, just one week after the Jet Centre Cinema opened on the outskirts of town.
The Palladium Cinema was converted into a bingo club, and this operated during the 1990’s and into the early-2000’s. There were many plan put forward to build flats on the site, and eventually one of these plans was accepted in 2008. Demolition of the building began on 10th March 2008. There were hopes that some of the equipment, fixtures and fitting would be saved, but this was not to be.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater