No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire. The Playhouse Cinema was built at the rear of the Manor House Hotel on Church Street, and used an existing former cottage in the hotels' rear yard as its entrance, which also contained the projection box. The auditorium lay along Church Street. It was built for Mr. G.S. Thomas and opened in 1927. All seating was on a single level. The proscenium was 18 feet wide, the stage 12 feet deep and there were two dressing rooms.
Around 1929 it was equipped with an A.W.H sound system. During World War II a snack bar was installed in the foyer. The Playhouse Cinema was equipped with CinemaScope in 1955.
The Playhouse Cinema was closed around 1966. It then hosted dances and other social events. Eventually, the cottage/entrance part of the building was renovated into living accommodation, and the auditorium was possibly used for storage. The building still stands in 2014.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater