322 Scotland Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located on the corner of Scotland Road and Wilbraham Street, in the north of Liverpool city centre district of Vauxhall. The building was originally a United Methodist Free Church. It was opened as the Derby Picturedrome on 14th October 1912. It had a 33 feet wide proscenium and a 9 feet deep stage.
From 1922 it was known as the Derby Cinema. Taken over by the Liverpool based chain Regent Enterprises in 1942. The Derby Cinema was closed on 14th May 1960 with Ted Ray in “Carry On Teacher”. It was taken over by Coyne Brothers Funeral Directors who operated their funeral business in several former Liverpool suburban cinemas. They departed from the building in the late-2000’s. Its last use was a temporary fireworks shop, and cladding which had covered the façade of the building for many years has been removed, revealing the original stonework. The building appeared to be unused in 2014. In 2016/2017 it was converted into housing.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater