407 Church Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The Parthenon Theatre was opened May 31, 1915 with Leslie Carter in “The Heart of Maryland”. M.P. Moller pipe organ company sold an organ to the Parthenon Theatre in Nashville in 1915. It was their opus (serial number) 1942, 2 manuals and 8 ranks, 21 “registers”. The Parthenon Theatre was a short-lived theatre as it was closed mid-1916.
The unusual name of this theatre can be attributed to Nashville’s full scale reproduction of the famed Parthenon in Athens, Greece. The Nashville structure was built for Tennessee’s Centennial celebration in 1897 - and it had no finished interior. It was a plaster and lath exterior stage set for the fair, meant to be torn down after the celebration. By the 1910’s that building was in serious decay, and only stood until 1920 when it was torn down and replaced by the concrete and steel Parthenon which still stands on the site.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.