3114 LaGrange Street,
4 people favorited this theater
The Ohio Theatre opened its doors for the first time on February 28, 1921; with the film “The Mark of Zorro” starring Douglas Fairbanks. With 1,800 seats, the Ohio Theatre was Toledo’s third largest movie palace and was described by the Toledo Blade as ‘one of the most beautiful theaters in Toledo’.
Currently, the Ohio Theatre seats 964 and features live performances. The Ohio Theatre also produces an annual community-based musical, and sponsors a community chorus which performs concerts throughout the area.
The Ohio Theatre is also proud to be the home of The Toledo Area Theatre Organ Society. TATOS preserves and maintains the restored Marr Colton Theatre Organ (from the now razed Rivoli Theatre). TATOS presents concerts featuring well known organists and works diligently to maintain an important link to Toledo’s past.
The Ohio Theatre is operated by a private non-profit corporation which strives to preserve and improve the historic theatre for many generations to come. Restoration work began in 2008 and was completed in April 2013.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater