1929 Bremen Avenue,
4 people favorited this theater
One of several theaters opened by Orrin T. Crawford which made up the St. Louis Amusement Co. and later Franchon & Marco Chain and then Arthur Theaters.
The Bremen Theater opened in 1910 and had 600 seats on the main floor and 200 in the balcony. It was located on the edge of a North Side city park.
By 1945, the theater was operated by the Kaimann family in conjunction with Wehrenberg Theatres. There was a big stink with the stagehands union and the owners and picketing of the theater. The courts ordered the union to prove that a stagehand was needed since the theater only showed movies.
The theater also suffered some in a family fued that led to a suicide of William Kaimann. His wife and son operated the theater until it’s closing in 1968. During it’s last few years in operation, it was open on weekends only. Following closure it became a church. They had moved out by 2011 and the building stands vacant and unused in 2014.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.