Crown 1 & 2
No one has favorited this theater yet
In North Shields, on Tyneside in the North East of England, the Prince’s Theatre opened on 7th October 1929 with “Movietone Follies”. The architect’s were Dixon & Bell, and the cinema had 1,750 seats.
Taken over in June 1931 by Gaumont/PCT it was renamed Prince’s Cinema. It was closed around November 1949 for repairs to war damage; when it reopened, on 16th October 1950, it was renamed Gaumont.
Taken over by an independent on 5th July 1970, the Prince’s name was reinstated. Classic took over on 2nd January 1972 and the cinema took that circuit name.
The Classic closed on 18th September 1976. The stalls were converted to bingo. The former circle was subsequently sub-divided into two screens, Crown 1 & 2, which opened on 1st June 1977 (with 158 seats in Crown 1 and 107 in Crown 2). These closed in July 1982.
Crown Bingo continues in the stalls.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater