318 Lemay Ferry Road,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The LeMay Theatre opened in 1929 in the St. Louis suburb of Lemay just a few short blocks from the city limits. The LeMay was a busy neighborhood house well into the 1960’s when it went to a weekend only operation. The theater closed and reopened a couple of times.
When Harman Moseley reopened the LeMay in the mid 80’s, he twinned the theater and it became a second run discount house along with his Kirkwood Cinema. Admission started out at one dollar and later increased to $1.50. It was successful until the end of the 80’s when other discount houses started popping up.
The Lindbergh 8 was taken over by Wehrenberg Theatres just a short distance away at Lindbergh and Lemay Ferry Road and became a discount house, thus killing the business of the LeMay. The theater building is currently in the process of being converted into a mosque.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater.