Mary Ann Street,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Located in the Horsley Fields district to the east of Wolverhampton. The Globe Cinema was opened on 24th January 1927 with “The Midnight Sun”. The cinema was designed by architect H. Marcus Brown, and was a conversion of a Pork Sausage and Pie Factory. In 1931 it was equipped with a British Thomson Houston(BTH) sound system.
The Globe Cinema went through several changes of ownership, including in November 1941 when it was taken over by the Marks Circuit Cinemas of Manchester. It was re-named Carlton Cinema on 14th November 1943 when it was taken over by Norman Burton of Walsall, who operated it for the remainder of its life. The Carlton Cinema was closed on 2nd April 1960 with Tommy Steele in “Tommy the Toreador”. It became a warehouse for The Household Stores and was eventually demolished. An office building occupied by a credit company now stands on the site, which in 2016 is vacant.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater