1105 N. Broadway,
No one has favorited this theater yet
The small Kane Theatre is located several blocks north of John Hopkins Hospital in the East Baltimore City district of Baltimore.
Opened as the Plaza Theatre in 1910 and seated 210, it was designed by J.E. Laferty. In 1921 it was renamed Broadway Garden Theatre and in 1929 became the Park Theatre.
Remodeled and enlarged by architect David Harrison in the mid-1940’s it closed in April 1968 when it was fire damaged by rioters. It re-opened as the Kane Theatre in 1969, but this was a short lived venture, and it was closed and sold by auction in December 1970. It was purchased by a church.
The theatre always looked out of place in the area it was located in. It was right in the middle of sections of row houses. The area it is located in has gone through many changes over the years but the building is still standing. Blocks of buildings in the area have been demolished for John Hopkins expansion so the same might happen to the Kane Theatre. The Kane Theatre closed in 1968.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater