14 Dalton Square,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Opened in July 1929 as the Palace Theatre, designed by J. C. Derham of Derham & Kay Ltd. Despite the theatre name it had only a small stage with no flytower and was essentially built as a cinema. It was equipped with a Christie organ which had 2Manuals.
It was taken over by Union Cinemas in 1936 and thus passed to ABC who renamed it in 1966 after they had applied the “luxury lounge” treatment to the stalls (better seating with more legroom – usually also closing the circle). It now had 854 seats suggesting that at Lancaster the circle was not closed.
However this only lasted for eight years before the ABC closed in March 1974. The cinema was converted into a disco, later a bar known as ‘Walkabout’. By 2012, it was a childrens play area.
The Odeon Cinema in King Street later took the ABC name.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater