Gaumont Opéra - Cote Capucines
2 Boulevard des Capucines,
No one has favorited this theater yet
Built on the site of the Vaudeville Theatre at the corner of Boulevard des Capucines and rue de la Chaussee-d'Antin. The Vaudeville Paramount Palace opened in 1927 to the design of British theatre architect Frank T. Verity, who had also designed the Plaza Theatre, Lower Regent Street, London, UK for Adolph Zukor’s Paramount Pictures in 1926. Associate architect was Auguste Bluysen.
The Paramount Theatre had an original seating capacity of 1,920 in orchestra, meazzanine and balcony levels. It was equipped with a Wurlitzer 2Manual 10Ranks theatre organ. The cinema was split into seven screens during the 1970’s. The largest (Screen 3) holds 800, other screens have capacity’s ranging from 400 down to 125, 90 and 60 seats.
In 2007, the cinema underwent a renovation and was taken over by Gaumont Pathe and was renamed Gaumont Opera-Paramount Opera. Renovation of the 7-screens was completed in July 2008 and it became the Gaumont Opera Capucines.
By October 2009, it had been renamed Gaumont Opera and the seating capacity was 2,187. By 2018 it had been re-named Gaumont Opera – Cote Capucines with a reduced seating capacity of 2,094.
Just login to your account and subscribe to this theater