What are the ten most endangered theaters?
As this year draws to a close, Cinema Treasures is putting together a list of the ten most endangered theaters.
The purpose of this list is to publicize the plight of theaters at risk, alert local and national media, and keep our focus on saving these theaters before it’s too late.
We’ve taken a first stab at the list, but we really want to get your feedback before making it official.
- [National Theatre](/theaters/799/) (Los Angeles, CA)
- [Boyd Theatre](/theaters/1209/) (Philadelphia, PA)
- [Wayne Theatre](/theaters/1650/) (Wayne, MI)
- [Port Theatre](/theaters/3114/) (Corona Del Mar, CA)
- [Isle Theatre](/theaters/20496/) (Cumberland, WI)
- [Uptown Theatre](/theaters/69/) (Chicago, IL)
- [Trylon Theater](/theaters/1941/) (Rego Park, Queens, NY)
- [NuWilshire](/theaters/1139/) (Santa Monica, CA)
If you’d like to nominate another theater, please add your theater in the comments below. Please make sure to include the theater’s full name, location, theater page link (if available), and why the theater is endangered.
This is an invaluable opportunity for everyone to make their voices heard and help us shape this important list of the most endangered Cinema Treasures in America.
(We’re also working on a separate list of theaters in the United Kingdom that will be published next Friday. Additional lists from Canada, France, China, etc. are welcome too.)