Comments from CStefanic

CStefanic commented about Williams Center Cinema on May 18, 2016 at 11:22 pm

I saw the last film to be projected at the Williams Cinema in April (?) of 1995 – when the Classics series showed “Ben Hur”. Changed my life! Does anybody have any information on whether not the equipment is still there? I know that as of 2007 the screen was still intact.

CStefanic commented about Tower Theater on May 18, 2016 at 11:17 pm

I attended film school at OCU just up the street. My twin and I desperately tried to get interest and investment into the Theatre, but could not do so. Not sure why. It’s original Norelco 70mm/35mm projector equipment were still intact.

If anyone has information on these projectors – if they are still intact – PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

CStefanic commented about Eagle Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Does the Theatre still stand today?

CStefanic
CStefanic commented about Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on May 18, 2016 at 7:33 pm

I thought Nederlander, the people who own the Pantages were thinking of taking it over?

CStefanic commented about Fox Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 7:11 pm

They mustn’t let anyone touch this.

CStefanic commented about Fox Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 7:10 pm

I have heard Inglewood is gearing up for a major re-gentrification. Would be nice to imagine that this could lead to the 5th Ave, The Ritz, and the Fox coming back into business, if not the Academy.

CStefanic commented about Regent Showcase Theater on May 18, 2016 at 7:05 pm

The listing now states that the Church has moved out of the building. What’s going on with it now?

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Thanks Joe. I love the Orange Julius next door in the photo! Great one.

I was hoping the Ritz would retain it’s penchant for screening classics as well. I would wager any Movie House out here in Los Angeles would do right to employee such a prerequisite – but that’s just me. =)

CStefanic commented about Pacific 1-2-3 on May 17, 2016 at 9:17 pm

I hope so. It’s deserves to show films once again.

To be honest, anyone who holds leases/rights/et al on any of the remaining palaces/houses would be stupid to demolish. Soon conglomerate multiplexes are going to lose their vogue, the real estate for cost per square foot to show a film will be too much, and the smart studios will send their pictures to a more levelled, reasonably priced, and elegantly structured house or palace, on the Blvd or not.

I only pray it is sooner rather than later.

CStefanic commented about State Theatre on May 17, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I have been inside the state theatre. The Lobby is grand, and the auditorium is lush and big, beautiful and Hollywood worthy. Hopefully the Church will move out (a la the Ritz on Hollywood Blvd) and this precious gem may have another chance at movie-dome.

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theatre on May 17, 2016 at 9:06 pm

The marquee has been revamped, and apparently the lobby area, redone. I happened by the construction during the Turner Classic Movie film festival. When I asked the man in charge exactly what was happening, he replied that the Ritz WILL open as a movie theatre again…operating as a Hologram Theatre…

I’m not sure I understand…

Is this the same kind of demonstration that the Vine Theatre down the street is parading?

CStefanic commented about Pacific 1-2-3 on May 9, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I will like it but what the heck is up with the WPT ^^ posting that WE need to post updates when they themselves are tweeting?!?!?

CStefanic commented about Mann Festival Theater on May 9, 2014 at 4:44 pm

Anybody know EXACTLY what’s gong on with the Mann Festival now. It seems to be just sitting there…

CStefanic commented about Vine Theatre on May 9, 2014 at 4:28 pm

I saw the doors open a week or so ago. I walked up to the doorman and asked what was going on, and he told me renovating. So maybe the signs are down because it will be re-opening soon.

CStefanic commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 25, 2014 at 3:00 am

The HBS (Historical Building Society) told me it WOULD be operating as a movie theater. I am so confused.

CStefanic commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 25, 2014 at 2:58 am

Just to let it be known – I drove past and spoke with one of the guys on site. The lobby and auditorium still look marvelous – I really don’t trust them with their doing!

CStefanic commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 25, 2014 at 2:58 am

Bastards. They told me they were going to preserve the screen for repertory screenings. I will be really put out if this is not the case.

CStefanic commented about iPic Westwood on Jan 25, 2014 at 2:54 am

Why they didn’t just restructure it to the way it was BEFORE the plexing is beyond me. There aren’t going to be enough movies to fill all the screens in about two years. Theatrical releases are going to be less. They should have redesigned. Losers!

CStefanic commented about Pacific 1-2-3 on Sep 3, 2013 at 12:55 am

The theatre is vacant now. Someone can re-open and show new/older movies. Come, come now!

CStefanic commented about iPic Westwood on Jun 10, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Drove by it this morning. Looks almost completely gutted. Hope they restore it to the original decor it once showcased back when the biggies were hitting the screen.

CStefanic commented about NuWilshire Theatre on Jun 10, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Is there a way that kind of act can be, well, undone? Forgive my softening newness to the subject.

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theater on Jun 10, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Is the projection equipment still available?

CStefanic commented about NuWilshire Theatre on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:16 pm

Anything is possible. Are you saying that the auditorium was leveled?

CStefanic commented about Regent Showcase Theater on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Sacrilege! They should have this theater in operation!

CStefanic commented about Fairfax Cinemas on Jun 8, 2013 at 7:11 pm

How can we get ahold of the imbeciles who approved an apartment complex in the theaters place? That is beyond ridiculous. The theater could still see some good times. If anybody has this information, please give it to me in a reply, or PM me.