Comments from CStefanic

CStefanic commented about Biograph Theater on Sep 26, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Can the main theatre at the Biograph still screen cinema?

CStefanic commented about X 1 & 2 Theaters on Sep 26, 2016 at 9:53 am

I drove by just last night – yup. The auditorium is gone. facade indeed still intact. I tried to peek in the auditorium space at one time, and do not believe there was much of it left to begin with but it’s still a sad loss. Moreso, they filled the land in, leveling it so that there would be no room for renovations or use of the original space. Damn shame.

CStefanic commented about Mann Festival Theater on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:45 pm

Ran inside the Mann Festival briefly while the doors were open for a routine air out. Seats gone but Mammoth screen and decor still intact! Looked so grand…even in the dark! Hopefully this theatre will see the light of a projector again.

CStefanic commented about D'Anton Cinemateque on Sep 8, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Re-Up the photo please!

CStefanic commented about Marquis Theatre on Sep 8, 2016 at 3:58 pm

Re-up the photo please!

CStefanic commented about Regent Showcase Theater on Sep 8, 2016 at 11:05 am

That’s good to know. I drive by it often – and the fact that it still stands is reassuring.

CStefanic commented about Vine Theatre on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Any word lately?

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theatre on Sep 7, 2016 at 4:11 pm

Has anybody heard any word from the Ritz in the past few months?

CStefanic commented about Variety Theatre on Sep 7, 2016 at 11:08 am

I went inside recently – as during the summer it us used as a kids art camp. It seems to be housed like a black box theatre now. Didn’t get a very good look. No doubt though, from the architecture and the cozy, intimate and narrow hallway, it was a small neighborhood house in the 30s and 40s.

CStefanic commented about Williams Center Cinema on May 18, 2016 at 5:22 pm

I saw the last film to be projected at the Williams Cinema in April (?) of 1995 – when the Classics series showed “Ben Hur”. Changed my life! Does anybody have any information on whether not the equipment is still there? I know that as of 2007 the screen was still intact.

CStefanic commented about Tower Theater on May 18, 2016 at 5:17 pm

I attended film school at OCU just up the street. My twin and I desperately tried to get interest and investment into the Theatre, but could not do so. Not sure why. It’s original Norelco 70mm/35mm projector equipment were still intact.

If anyone has information on these projectors – if they are still intact – PLEASE E-MAIL ME.

CStefanic commented about Eagle Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Does the Theatre still stand today?

CStefanic
CStefanic commented about Santa Monica Civic Auditorium on May 18, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I thought Nederlander, the people who own the Pantages were thinking of taking it over?

CStefanic commented about Fox Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 1:11 pm

They mustn’t let anyone touch this.

CStefanic commented about Fox Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 1:10 pm

I have heard Inglewood is gearing up for a major re-gentrification. Would be nice to imagine that this could lead to the 5th Ave, The Ritz, and the Fox coming back into business, if not the Academy.

CStefanic commented about Regent Showcase Theater on May 18, 2016 at 1:05 pm

The listing now states that the Church has moved out of the building. What’s going on with it now?

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theatre on May 18, 2016 at 9:19 am

Thanks Joe. I love the Orange Julius next door in the photo! Great one.

I was hoping the Ritz would retain it’s penchant for screening classics as well. I would wager any Movie House out here in Los Angeles would do right to employee such a prerequisite – but that’s just me. =)

CStefanic commented about Pacific 1-2-3 on May 17, 2016 at 3:17 pm

I hope so. It’s deserves to show films once again.

To be honest, anyone who holds leases/rights/et al on any of the remaining palaces/houses would be stupid to demolish. Soon conglomerate multiplexes are going to lose their vogue, the real estate for cost per square foot to show a film will be too much, and the smart studios will send their pictures to a more levelled, reasonably priced, and elegantly structured house or palace, on the Blvd or not.

I only pray it is sooner rather than later.

CStefanic commented about State Theatre on May 17, 2016 at 3:14 pm

I have been inside the state theatre. The Lobby is grand, and the auditorium is lush and big, beautiful and Hollywood worthy. Hopefully the Church will move out (a la the Ritz on Hollywood Blvd) and this precious gem may have another chance at movie-dome.

CStefanic commented about Ritz Theatre on May 17, 2016 at 3:06 pm

The marquee has been revamped, and apparently the lobby area, redone. I happened by the construction during the Turner Classic Movie film festival. When I asked the man in charge exactly what was happening, he replied that the Ritz WILL open as a movie theatre again…operating as a Hologram Theatre…

I’m not sure I understand…

Is this the same kind of demonstration that the Vine Theatre down the street is parading?

CStefanic commented about Pacific 1-2-3 on May 9, 2014 at 10:50 am

I will like it but what the heck is up with the WPT ^^ posting that WE need to post updates when they themselves are tweeting?!?!?

CStefanic commented about Mann Festival Theater on May 9, 2014 at 10:44 am

Anybody know EXACTLY what’s gong on with the Mann Festival now. It seems to be just sitting there…

CStefanic commented about Vine Theatre on May 9, 2014 at 10:28 am

I saw the doors open a week or so ago. I walked up to the doorman and asked what was going on, and he told me renovating. So maybe the signs are down because it will be re-opening soon.

CStefanic commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 24, 2014 at 9:00 pm

The HBS (Historical Building Society) told me it WOULD be operating as a movie theater. I am so confused.

CStefanic commented about Theatre at the Ace Hotel on Jan 24, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Just to let it be known – I drove past and spoke with one of the guys on site. The lobby and auditorium still look marvelous – I really don’t trust them with their doing!