Comments from EsseXploreR

Showing 7 comments

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about Multi-Media Arts Center on Apr 10, 2015 at 6:33 pm

As you can see in the photos I just uploaded, it is most certainly still closed. It was the MMAC when it closed around 2010. I was disappointed to find that they had definitely demolished the original ceiling. However, upon peeling back a curtain I was surprised by a cascade of damaged plaster falling to my feet. However, further attempts to remove the curtain proved pointless, as more and more plaster was coming down. The building is being sold as a shell, and the most likely future for this theater is that it will be torn down as a part of the town redevelopment.

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about All Jersey Multiplex Cinemas on Apr 5, 2014 at 1:51 pm

All Jersey Multiplex Cinemas was demolished the week of March 30th, 2014.

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about State Theatre on Mar 21, 2014 at 5:03 pm

The auditorium was gutted by the bus company last summer. I had tried several times to get in contact with them and they weren’t responding to my messages, I guess I know why now.

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about Boyd Theatre on Mar 18, 2014 at 6:55 am

Nobody brought the bad news here yet? Demolition has begun inside the auditorium: http://philly.com/news/?wss=/philly/news&id=250711081

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about Cinema 23 Fiveplex on Aug 30, 2013 at 9:45 am

The building is completely gutted, it’s like a warehouse.

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about Windsor Theatre on Aug 29, 2013 at 6:02 pm

After the theater closed it when through some remodeling and held several industrial companies over the years. In 2011 it went through a total gut in order to make the building into a recreation center. I was told by the company gutting it that I could shoot it. As soon as I got confirmation they said “Oh I wish you had gotten here the other day, when we took down the vaulted ceiling”. Needless to say I was crushed by that. I still took some photo’s though, as I will post soon. They will just show that the building is a shell though.

EsseXploreR
EsseXploreR commented about Multi-Media Arts Center on Aug 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm

This theater is closed now