Comments from Matt Lambros

Matt Lambros commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on Apr 17, 2014 at 11:29 am

Just posted a shot of the auditorium during renovation in the photos section.

Matt Lambros commented about Okla Theatre on Mar 25, 2014 at 6:36 am

I recently photographed the OKLA Theatre. Check out some photographs and a blog post on the theater here

Matt Lambros commented about Boyd Theatre on Mar 18, 2014 at 5:02 am

That link doesn’t work. Here’s the correct one:

Demolition appears to have begun at the Boyd

Matt Lambros commented about Paramount Theatre on Feb 12, 2014 at 7:44 am

I recently had the chance to photograph the Paramount. Here’s a link to my photos along with some history of the theater – Paramount Theatre

Matt Lambros commented about Pantheon Theatre on Jan 15, 2014 at 9:25 am

Doesn’t look like this will be restored anytime soon.

Historic theater could remain in limbo for years

Matt Lambros commented about Lyric Theater on Jan 6, 2014 at 8:37 am

Here’s a blog post with some recent photographs of the Lyric Theatre

Matt Lambros commented about Paramount Theatre on Dec 14, 2013 at 12:33 pm

The pipes that remained in the photo above were removed about a year or so before demolition. I don’t know if the owner had them removed or if they were taken by scrappers.

Matt Lambros commented about Boyd Theatre on Dec 12, 2013 at 7:49 am

I don’t see why iPic can’t follow the Alamo Drafthouse’s plan for the New Mission Theatre in San Francisco
? They’re dividing the balcony up, while keeping the orchestra level as one big theater, and they’re keeping the architectural details intact. It would be the best of both worlds.

Matt Lambros commented about Empress Theater on Nov 11, 2013 at 6:11 am

I recently visited and photographed the former Empress Theatre. Check out my post on it at After the Final Curtain

Matt Lambros commented about State Palace Theatre on Oct 16, 2013 at 12:10 pm

I recently photographed the State Palace Theatre. Check out the photos and a write up at After the Final Curtain

Matt Lambros commented about Boyd Theatre on Oct 2, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Yes, according to a quote from Howard Haas on Philly.com

“Friends of the Boyd, a group of preservationists, opposes iPic’s plans, said its president, Howard Haas.

Haas met Tuesday with iPic representatives. He said he was told that the only aspect of the 1928 Art Deco building that would be preserved would be the Chestnut Street façade.

“They’d demolish the auditorium, and that is the theater,” Haas said. “Trendy multiplexes last 10 years [before they’re remodeled]; iPic should build elsewhere in the city.”

Eight-screen movie theater and restaurant planned for old Boyd

Matt Lambros
Matt Lambros commented about View of the auditorium from the balcony. on Sep 23, 2013 at 3:51 pm

It’s still part of the balcony.

Matt Lambros
Matt Lambros commented about Metropolitan Opera House on Sep 18, 2013 at 10:36 am

I recently photographed the Metropolitan Opera House. Check out some photos here

Matt Lambros commented about Ridgewood Theatre on Aug 26, 2013 at 2:04 pm

According to the NYC Department of Buildings website, the demolition plan was approved on 8/21/13.

Matt Lambros
Matt Lambros commented about Jayhawk State Theatre of Kansas on Aug 23, 2013 at 8:38 am

I recently photographed the Jayhawk Theatre – check out some photos on After the Final Curtain

Matt Lambros commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on Aug 19, 2013 at 6:00 pm

Looks like quite a bit has been done already.

Inside The Loews Kings Theater Restoration Project

Matt Lambros commented about Loew's Pitkin Theatre on Jul 2, 2013 at 7:47 am

I didn’t think anything was being restored. Pretty sure they gutted the building completely.

Matt Lambros commented about Embassy Theatre on Jul 1, 2013 at 8:41 am

Here’s a blog post and some photographs of the Embassy Theatre

Matt Lambros commented about Loew's Kings Theatre on Jun 10, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Mr. Greenberg – I may be able to help you. Please e-mail me at when you get a chance.

Matt Lambros commented about Liberty Theatre on May 22, 2013 at 10:58 am

I visited the Liberty shortly before it was demolished, check out a short blog post at After the Final Curtain.

Matt Lambros commented about Michigan Theater on Apr 30, 2013 at 6:53 am

I recently photographed the former Michigan Theatre. Check out the post at After the Final Curtain

Matt Lambros commented about Savoy Theatre on Apr 10, 2013 at 11:13 am

Ed – I’m working on it.

Matt Lambros commented about Savoy Theatre on Apr 4, 2013 at 11:05 am

It’s currently being demolished.

Matt Lambros commented about Eastown Theatre on Mar 25, 2013 at 6:45 am

I recently photographed the Eastown. Check out the images here.

Matt Lambros commented about Fabian Theatre on Feb 26, 2013 at 8:18 am

I photographed the Fabian Theatre a few years ago. Check out my post at After the Final Curtain